Monday, April 1, 2013

Week Six: Voila!

It took a while but I finished my final product! The process required a lot of layers, paint and washing of brushes. Listening to music helped me concentrate while I was painting and drowned out what ever was going on around me. It took me about four-to-five hours to paint the piece, but in the end it was worth it because I am happy with my piece.





I have learned from this experience that patience is a key part to painting because of the different layers of colors that are needed to create depth. Before this, I didn't really have much patience which is why I gave up on paint-by-number when I was younger. After completing this I know that in the future I will be able to be more patient when I am working on projects or tasks.

While I was painting I would decide to go back to something that I had already worked on and redo it, or add to it because I did not like how it looked. This was easy with acrylic paints because of how quickly they dried. Sometimes this was a disadvantage because when I would want to blend shading I couldn't.

The book that I have mentioned in previous posts, Acrylic 1, was a huge help when I was painting the faces because it talked about and showed techniques about making the faces look realistic. The book also gave good tips about layering the different objects in the painting and the colors for individual parts.

This is the final piece!!

1 comment:

  1. Donna... My mouth was open the whole time I watched your video. I know from my experience that once you start drawing, you tend to forget how long you've been painting for! I could just sense your passion for this to not give up with your work and continue only it was perfect! I admire you for finishing your amazing final project in less than 5 hours. It took me more than 5 hours to just draw a practice painting! I hope that during your presentation, you'll show tell us more about your painting and why you decided to draw this painting. I'm so happy for you to have such a great success in acrylic painting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete